Monday, November 29, 2010

Angelic candles


I'm still struggling with how I want these to look.   The gold and silver dipped finish isn't as metallic as I hoped for, add the coating of glaze and they loose a lot of the fine detail that make these sculptured angel candles so stunningly beautiful.


This sweet baby angel cherub is finished in a spray on candle safe metallic paint.   I first started using this finish back when I was selling the molds.  I really like it and it doesn't hide the fine details of the candles, but I abhor spray painting.  My poor index finger hates me for a week and the only time there's a breeze is when I start shaking that can. 

My absolute favorite are the un-dyed  No glaze, no dip.  Just wax  in it's purest form.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS