Friday, January 15, 2016

Making dye's



In between staying stocked up on Valentine candles and planning for the spring pouring schedule I have to make my dye chips for the year.

I was looking forward to sharing the process with you, but I got a new Iphone for Christmas and somehow wiped out my cloud account and every single thing in it. 

The sadness was overwhelming 

Instead, I suppose I'll be sharing some pictures with you from a few years back...circa 2014ish

These images are taken after the chips and dye blocks are made to check for proper formulation, the finished dye chips is matched against our current colors. 

Then the fun begins

I get to play around with all those different colored blocks and create whole new shades of blocks. Then I compared them to wedding catalogs, print magazine and samples that I purchase.  



I don't add the matches to our existing candle line right away though, I usually wait to see what the trends are before releasing anything. 

Occasionally I come across a color that is just a bit off, and then the guessing game begins.  What does it need to get a match? 





There are occasions where I can't tell which one it matches to because they appear so similar, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS