Monday, February 27, 2012

scrap wax

and what to do with it all.


If I had to guess I would say that 98% of our scrap wax comes from custom orders of floating rose candles.

Over spill, leaky silicone molds, and re-pours create enough to fill up these buckets in a day or two.   Once the buckets are filled to the brim the wax is strained and slabbed.

I store it away in these tubs and play around with it occasionally when I'm trying new waxy techniques but for the most part it sits there, taking up valuable space.


I can't reuse it in normal rose production, it's all from color and scent requests that are very different from the roses we pour and offer on our site.

My mind is in tunnel vision mode where all I see is it blocking my way, but I know somewhere deep inside its full of possibilities. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS