Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A good hard look

and a time for change




Around 5 or so years ago I purchased the molds and equipment from one of the last great american candle manufacturers.  I had no plans to make any of the novelty pieces that came with the purchase but after playing around with them getting a feel for how they were made, I found that I was enjoying myself too much to let them all go.  

I decided to mimicked their candle making techniques and marketed them wholesale similar to how they did, not only to honor their customer base which was use to a certain style, but also because making the candles that way was really fast to produce.

But times change..and I think it's time to incorporate my own style into the wax sculptures. 


The first piece to have a change is the mom and baby giraffe candle. Elephants, sealife and dragons are soon to follow. 

I hope you like them as much I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS