Wednesday, October 7, 2015

free wood

Around November you'll start seeing the lights being stung and the tents go up

The empty lots turn in to forests

Branches trimmed, trunks sawed

Now's your chance to score some wonderful decorations.  

Most lots will let you pick through the trimmings and pieces of wood.

FOR FREE

I'm usually covered in sap by the time I'm done

firs, spruces, cypress, and pines

Fragrant trimmings for wreaths and vases

Fresh cut trunks for candle holders


I use them all year round.

A touch of rustic woodland at my fingertips when ever I need them.

candle plates, coasters, or just sitting pretty.


They'll leak a bit of sap for a few days

It's recommended to glue a few dots of felt or rubber bumpers to the bottoms

you don't want to ruin your furniture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS