Friday, August 18, 2017

Eiffel Tower candle revisited



Hi candle lovers, thought I'd share what I've been up to this past week. Besides getting ready for the fall season which I'll share later.   I've been pouring some old friends in new ways and testing out a few different types of finishes.

Palm wax has rejuvenated my creative side.  I am amazed every time I pull a candle from a mold.  Ok, almost every time, there are some pieces that it detracts from the candle too much...but certainly not when it came to the Eiffel Tower candle.



And it's not just new waxes I've been pouring but new colors too.  I've had a lot black wax in the melters since Halloween stock is top priority right now so I decided to pour an Eiffel Tower in black as well, but it looked so bland and boring I had to find a way to spruce it up.  And so the oil rubbed bronze look was born.   

Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS